Thursday, January 05, 2006

Here we all are in Perth, then.

I'm in Perth.

This morning we left Cervantes backpackers extra early so that we could see the Pinnacles (Rocks) in an interesting light, as recommended by the Lonely Planet.*

Later, we had a debate about which set of interesting rocks were the more interesting: the Pinnacles, or the Famous Remarkable Rocks of Kangaroo Island. A difficult decision indeed.

Helena used to take a lot of photographs of rocks and had a whole set of photos starring the Pinnacles and her car, Elvis. Maybe she posted some on her blog... To be honest I haven't checked. I could though.

I bought an hour of internet time and this place has a very high speed connection, so excitement given the connections I have been using are so freaking slow. How geek am I.

I bought a pretty dress. I feel like Julia Roberts in Pretty Woman in it. Does Richard Gere drive a Porsche or a Ferrari when he picks Julia up at her place of work in that film? Andy and I talked about it and he was pretty sure that it was a Porsche but I thought that a Ferrari would have been much more fitting.

My dress is like something that Julia would have worn after the Makeover scene, to clarify this comment and in case you thought that I was wearing a sparkly blue minidress. Although, if I found a dress like that I might have to buy it too. Even if it was just for a wall hanging.

Tomorrow we rock on up to Andy's cousin's place where we plan to bunk down on their floor for a few nights before we have to catch the train to Adelaide on the 8th. We fly out of Melbourne on the 12th of January and then we're home for a month. HOORAY! I miss you little Wellitown.

*This is the first time the Lonely Planet has been correct, almost the whole time we've been on this trip. Because of one of its foolish mistakes, we ended up wasting three hours trying to get out of Adelaide and to Mt Remarkable National Park. In case you are naive enough to rely on that book, please take note of this correction: the entrance for the camping ground at Mt Remarkable is on the west side of the Park and not the east. That means that it will be faster to go up the A1 and not drive through rush hour in Salisbury and Elizabeth on a friday afternoon.

2 comments :

  1. Sarah, I am enjoying your trip, not only because it's oz, but it's the way you write. I can just see you in a sparkly blue dress in the outbacks.

    Psst...Andy's missing cricket...

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was a silver lotus esprit.

    And i cant believe how much I used to love that film. Shame hahaha

    Man, I used to be able to quote it verbatim. Im glad the tides of time have passed over that beach.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for commenting! You rock my tiny world. For realz, man.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...