Friday, April 21, 2006

Three or four, perhaps?

I don't even know anymore how many times I've said that I'm not going back to hospitality. But yesterday, as though compelled by some outside force, I went to Brendan's cafe and signed up as a barista. I start next Wednesday. Perhaps the hospitality industry is like some strange black hole for souls - a yawning gap in space and time that I am drawn inevitably towards. Imagine a doll-like figure spiralling against an op art image of black and white (in this case we must imagine the black hole is shaped like a Bridget Riley painting). No more daytime television and sleeping in till midday for me. No, I will be fulfilling the important function of coffee maker. Coffee maker for the people of Fitzroy. They need their skinny-milk lattes! And I must provide!

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for commenting! You rock my tiny world. For realz, man.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...