Saturday, June 03, 2006

How Serendipity on Instant Film

Veronica's birthday party last night - I took my beloved Polaroid camera and two boxes of film. Everytime I take a shot with that thing I feel so infused with love for the medium of Polaroid film! An ongoing obsession... STAFF Project onwards.

This morning I checked my stats and there was a link to a search under "Sarah" which lead me to some quite obsessively wanky and hoighty-toighty review a woman had written for an online art review based in San Francisco.

This lead me to another online art review and then - how serendipity - to two Polaroid galleries, one of which also displays found Polaroids (see left).

Glorious day - this stuff is seriously beautiful and captures everything that is good and right about Polaroid film. It makes me want to buy more film and go nuts, take more photos. Instant gratification in a medium where everything about the photo that develops just enhances the subject matter.

(By which I mean)... everything seems more sordid in a Polaroid shot.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for commenting! You rock my tiny world. For realz, man.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...