Saturday, March 21, 2009

Arohanui

beautiful

Things I love, for the first time in ages, and in an effort to neutralise some of my angst of the last week.

  • Riding my velocipede along the waterfront at a leisurely pace on a sunny day. I like watching the people strolling, everyone seems to be in a good mood. I also like pulling up to a park bench on Oriental Parade and reading in the sun while listening to the sea. Yay!
  • Baking cupcakes. I love the anticipation, the smell, and the fact I get to ice them afterwards, with ridiculous pastel coloured butter icing from a piping bag.
  • New flatmate anticipation - don't get me wrong, there are many things *wrong* with the process of finding a new flatmate, but it is exciting to get to meet some new people and to think what they could potentially bring to your life as well.
  • Living with my brother Tom. He's so quiet, keeps to himself so much, but he has an absolute heart of gold. He's taken to checking that I'll be home for dinner, and he makes good burritos.

Richter City Roller Derby 1

  • Being excited about Richter City Roller Derby's inaugural bout "The Grudgemaker". I am going to be MCing and I bought a suspender, fishnet stockings and false eyelashes the other day, to go with my new peacock blue and emerald green brocade 60s mini dress. I am going to have SO MUCH FUN. I've never worn false eyelashes. If you're in Wellington, you should totally come BTW.
  • Having a great Shannon around.

 

(the photo is by the Polaroid Kidd, who seems to have taken his site down *sad face*)

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for commenting! You rock my tiny world. For realz, man.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...