Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Qwitter

twittersucks

I'm totally resigning from Twitter because I often find that despite the increased "connectivity" I often end up feeling incredibly lonely whenever I drop by Facebook or Twitter. I don't deny that these things have a purpose and can be very useful in the right circumstances, and I shan't be quitting FB any time soon (and will still Twitter for derby and Spinsters' Knitting Club). But - sitting on my personal Twitter account, and reading the noise around me gives me the same feeling I sometimes get at parties when I'm surrounded by people and gossip and conversation and I feel unbelievably isolated from everyone around me. The difference being that at a party I normally can find at least one person I feel close to and have a cuddle until I'm feeling better.

6 comments :

  1. I know exactly what you mean. I've felt this way at parties.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's the grossest feeling ever.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know exactly what you mean about Twitter.

    ReplyDelete
  4. argh. totally understand. picture me last night, home alone on a saturday night, everyone else twittering about some awesome party that everyone in wellington was invited to except me.

    i know this is old... do you miss it? i wanna quit it, but i'm wondering...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Not at all. I've felt like blogging more and I've written more emails to people I *actually* know. I felt twitchy for a couple of days but the twitch subsided pretty quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  6. hmmm, intriguing. might give up posting to it for a while, see if i can even be bothered reading other peoples...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for commenting! You rock my tiny world. For realz, man.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...