Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Today is Tuesday



♥Looking like: Today I’m wearing my Vague Person yellow t-shirt with the sleeves lopped off, Karen Walker two-tone jeans and a pair of cracked plastic court shoes that I bought at an op shop. These shoes are MUCH cooler than they sound, brown mock crocodile skin and wiggly things and cracked across the toe. They look tres shabby chic (or at least, I think so). I haven’t worn these shoes for a very long time and looking at them today, I thought that I’d like to paint them a bit to cover the cracks and brighten them? Also, stickers could be fun. They would look like a small child had been let loose. (I tried to take a photo of this but my phone camera is so bad it’s beyond laughable).

♥Listening to: I’ve been listening to audiobooks, as per usual; the last few days to AS Byatt’s The Children’s Book. I’m enjoying it rather as Byatt is a splendid writer and I don’t know very much about the particular social group/time period situation that the book is set in so it’s quite interesting from that perspective. It has a few sexy bits, and listening to these on an audiobook is always a bit awkward, much more awkward than reading them – literary sexy bits And also she overuses the word “haunches” - I read this in a review before I bought the audiobook, and I would never have picked up on it if I hadn’t already read about it, and now it bugs me. It bugs me a lot.

♥Fad a la Mode: Cider. So much cider. My fridge is still full of cider after the Spinsters’ Knitting Club Craftinoon and Cider Tasting. I have tasting notes that I need to type up – the notes devolve during the course of the tasting. The most memorable comment? “This cider is the Combover of Ciders”.

♥Watched this Week: “Coraline” courtesy of Jo which was fun in a grown-up-watching-a-children's-movie-way. “When We Were Kings”, although I fell asleep during that – not because of the story (it seemed as though it was going to be great!) but because I was very relaxed after half a bottle of wine, full of roast chicken and nice and warm in the Boy’s bed. Series 3 of “QI” (again) because I am hugenormously in love with Stephen Fry and “A History of Britain” again because I am hugenormously in love with Simon Schama.

Reading: How the Irish Saved Civilisation by Thomas Cahill. Honestly kids, just don’t do it. I read it when I was 16 and thought it was great, now I can’t imagine how I enjoyed such shameless tripe. The difference may be ten years and a History degree.

♥Webreading: The Unclutterer. I’m like a Woman Obsessed with decluttering at present, and this blog is feeding me. FEEDING ME I tell you.

♥Anticipation: First Derby training session of the year tonight and Camp this weekend!

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for commenting! You rock my tiny world. For realz, man.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...