Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Today is Wednesday. And I have a dehydration headache.



Evening dress, 1912-1914 via Edwardian Era. The velvet rose is gorgeous. It's hard not to love the drape of these Edwardian evening dresses.

Looking like: [I like to think] Quite Fabulous. I dug out a pair of leopardskin print tights that were originally destined for skating and I'm wearing them with the hand knit giant cardigan wrap, a black skirt, a black top and a vintage gold stretch belt that the Boy picked up for me in Melbourne. I'm feeling surprisingly put together. And I like feeling put together

Listening to: I've had a terrible pop-revival. Did I already note this? The person who used to use my computer has a whole bunch of music loaded up by Beyonce and Kelis and Kanye and Justin and I have been indulging myself. Yea verily, I have been indulging myself.

Fad a la Mode: Tamari Almonds. O my God yes. I love smoked almonds also but they're almost impossible to get in NZ. When I looked for a recipe I discovered that the smoky flavour was a result of something strange called 'smoked flavouring' and I was a little turned off by this mysterious substance. Tamari though, I'm totes down with that. It's real and stuff.

Watched this Week: I watched The Curious Case of Benjamin Button with Shannon and I have to say that I wasn't in love with it at all. I liked the short story at the beginning about the blind dude and the clock running backwards much more than the interminably long main story with it's overtones of Forest Gump.

Reading: I have too many things on the go to list them all with any degree of conciseness, but I've not long finished The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society by Mary Ann Schaffer. It was nominated by Katherine for book club, and I really super enjoyed it. Lite, but lovely.

Webreading: So, from the Tumblr files (so less webreading, more webbrowsing fitfully) - comes a bunch of historical clothing sites: What They Wore18th CenturyMy Vintage VogueEdwardian Era. There is bound to be a million more of these in the Tumblrsphere as well. Mm, pretty.

Anticipation: GETTING OUT OF DEBT. It's a long term anticipation (for realz, man) but an anticipation nonetheless. Awesome. I think I'm going to write some more about this, an investigative blogging type thing, but I don't want to jinx my good progress just yet.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...