Thursday, September 30, 2010

What is Ginger hiding in her bag?

If you've been following me on Twitter then you'll know that all week I've been obsessing about my new bag. This is my FIRST EVER GROWN UP BAG (that is: one that hasn't been found in the op shop and is beautiful and not made of PU or canvas). For serious, it is some kind of gorgeous. I tried taking photographs of it but they were pretty naff, so here is the one from the Saben website so you can see it in all it's glory - is it not actually amazingly beautiful? Observe the stunning clasp, the way the leather falls in folds. I'm having a bad romance with this lovely.
Starr Slate
Anyways enough of my borderline bag pron. I thought that this was the best opportunity I've ever had to do a post about what's in my bag. It is For Serious one of my favourite blog genres. Is there a website dedicated to what is in people's bags? If there is, I want to see it. If there isn't, I want to know why.  I love reading about what other people have hidden away in their (admittedly, inferior) handbags.
This is what I have in mine:

IMG_0011

1. My lovely Filofax with vintage felt transfer. I love this bad boy so much, and may I comment on how my life has changed for the better? I am way more organised. 
 
2. Maiden Voyage eelskin wallet. This feels amazing, and is the perfect size for all my bits and pieces. I upgraded two weeks ago from a big lumpy leather clutch I have had for about five years. It's so satisfying being able to find anything. This photo doesn't show it very well, but the wallet is a gorgeous shade of turquoise green - green being, apparently, the most auspicious wallet colour. 

3. This is my sunglass case. It only occurred to me after taking the photograph that I should have taken the sunglasses out. They're rip off Ray Bans with a plastic mother of pearl trim; Shan brought them back from India. This is me wearing them in the kitchen (the poster is in the kitchen).


4. Asthma inhaler

5. Lip balm (Blistex Silk & Shine) and a pink lipstick that snuck in to my old bag a couple of weeks ago and managed to get transferred over.

6. My phone (Nokia E63). It's sitting on a little felt case that I made for it.

7. Snack box with Tamari almonds.

8. Minimalised keys and bottle opener for picnic beer emergencies.

9. Pill box containing Kava herbal supplements - or, as I like to call it, "herbal Valium". Good for my inevitable anxiety days.

10. iPod and ear buds, also sitting on a felt case that I made for it (and that is falling apart due to overuse!)

Notable absences: water bottle and a paper back in it's knitted cover. Also, did you note the lack of a halfway acceptable photograph? My photography really is execrable. 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...