Monday, October 11, 2010

I made these AMAZING chocolate puddings

And because I've adapted the recipe I feel totally entitled to share it with you.

So, Nat and Mark came over last night for a barbeque, and I decided to make individual squidgy chocolate puddings for dessert. When I was shopping for ingredients I had in mind three recipes: a Stonesoup Recipe, a Canelle and Vanille recipe, and a recipe that I had hidden away in my green clearfile. I have no idea where this one came from - I think it was stuck on the wall of the flat in Maarama Cres that I lived in something like three years ago. Anyways. I bought almond meal and *ahem* three blocks of Whittaker's Ghana Dark chocolate, came home and realised that I was going to have to bastardise something or other because I'd ended up with half the ingredients for all of the recipes, and I really wanted to use the almond meal.

This is my final product:

Amazing Chocolate Almond Puddings

200g dark choc (I used Whittaker's Ghana Dark which is a 72% choc)
50g butter
4 eggs
1/2 cup soft brown sugar
2 tsps vanilla extract
1/4 cup ground almonds
1 tbsp cocoa

  • Melt butter and chocolate in the microwave and stir together until smooth.
  • Beat sugar and eggs in cake mixer or with electric beater for about five minutes - until thick and pale. Add vanilla, ground almonds and cocoa, beat for another two minutes.
  • Add melted chocolate and butter and beat for another five minutes.
  • Spoon into muffin tray (I used a silicon tray that seems to have super small muffin cavities - thus I have enough for 12 small puddings).
  • Bake for 10 minutes in a 180C oven. Puddings should be very soft and gooey to the touch.
  • Serve while still warm on individual plates. I served these with plain yoghurt.

doodad_28621_sm

I didn't bake these right away, but put them in the fridge in the muffin tray until we were all ready for dessert... the recipe said I should add two minutes on to the cooking time, but to be honest our oven sucks so I just cooked them until I was done.

DUDES YOU SHOULD TOTES MAKE THIS.

That is all.

sigfinal

2 comments :

  1. I make a recipe that is kinda similar to this (minus the almonds though) and do you think I can get them out of the muffin trays? Totally can't. They always break. They still taste good but I wish I could get them out of the muffin tray without all the yummy squidgy chocolately-ness escaping.. how did you manage it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have serious food envy - unfortunatly my kitcheb is the size of a shoe box and I don't have an oven.

    Life is not fair!! (ok child like tantrum over with).

    www.adventuresofagirlfromthenaki.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for commenting! You rock my tiny world. For realz, man.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...