Monday, August 29, 2011

Weekend, sewing, dog-sitting, pizza-making


I'm writing this from my mum's dining room table, with her doglette, Molly, looking up at me like an adorable (albeit slightly fragrant) teddy bear. Did I mention that she's adorable? This is Molly:

I want a Molly dog. Shannon is against small dogs. Boo to him.
My brother Luke and I undertook a big pizza making mission tonight, and made absolutely the most delicious homemade pizza ever: roast chicken, baby spinach, zucchini and bacon. And parmesan and edam cheese.
The other pizza had chili con carne, red pepper and sundried tomatoes on it. Yes, it was pretty weird. But we didn't mind! We're wacky crazy with our pizza choices.


This morning I commuted from Newlands into the city - commuting once in a while is kind of an exciting treat, rather than being a HUGE pain in the butt (five years from Whitby, anyone?). This afternoon Molly dog and I went for a walk and I made the pizza dough. Otherwise, I have just been enjoying the house - it's like being on holiday! I think mostly because Mum's house is always epic levels of clean.


I decided that I was going to have a full-on sewing weekend on the weekend just passed, and I kind of managed it. On Saturday I made a truly great skirt out of a navy woollen crepe; a top using vintage fabric and my own pattern, finally perfected; and I made a second attempt at a 60s tent/A-line dress that I picked up a vintage pattern for via Trade Me. I didn't manage to finish sewing the bias trim on the dress (next weekend's project, hopefully), but I am wearing my skirt and top as we speak.
I believe that I'm much closer to discovering the Zen of Sewing than I ever have been before - it took me until 4.30 in the afternoon on Saturday, after three or four attempts to insert an invisible zip, to finally lose my rag. Check that shit out. I'm like the Dalai Lama of amateur seamstresses.
Tragically, on Sunday I had to abandon the sewing to earn some money. On the plus side I wore my pyjamas the whole time I worked, and the Boy brought me coffee and did all the food shopping.
Alrighty, going to go to bed now because the spare bed at Mum's has an electric blanket and I love a novelty. Also, I was woken up at 5am BAH. An early night is in order.


No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for commenting! You rock my tiny world. For realz, man.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...