Wednesday, May 11, 2005

Why I want to be just like Peta Mathias when I grow up


I love the whole concept of Celebrity - a person a nobody one moment, everyone's favourite the next, before plunging into the depths of once-somebodiness. This is why I love reality TV shows I guess, and why I have a love/hate relationship with Charlotte Dawson, who has managed to make a career on being famous for nothing. She literally walked into an agents office and gave them her CV displaying how fabulous she was when she arrived back in New Zealand, and her celebrity grew from there. Better than reality TV shows though is Dancing with the Stars. Ballroom dancing and celebrity? It doesn't get much better than that... watching Georgina Beyer glide across the dancefloor on prime time.

However, my favourite celebrity is the Fabulous Peta Mathias. See her in all of her tarty glory! Such an old tart of a foodie she is. If I had a conversation with her face to face, I imagine that I would be able to see her lipstick bleeding into her powder, which in turn would have settled into the lines on her face. The colour of her hair is about as fake as it comes, bright red with blonde foils, a blunt fringe that is far too harsh and (glory!) a topknot! And she always wears layers of unflattering clothes (Annah S style) and flowers in her hair. And... she is FABOO. I can only hope that when I am her age (whatever that may be) I am equally as fabulous. So fabulous! And she loves food - like me.

To demonstrate my love of food I will now eat home made lemon curd on Vogels toast.

Twenty six days to go!

3 comments :

  1. Like one of my mother's childhood friends! Gold bangles jingling from elbow to wrist, lotsa rings on her fingers, short skirt, hair brassy and a personality to match, full of life and warmth and giving.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, that outfit isn't the most flattering thing I've ever seen. As for age, I'd guess low 60's. Maybe high 50's. Hard to tell with that crazy hair!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah luuurve the way them old dames just say, "to hell with it, I'll just be me, loud, bright colours and all!"

    Lots of 'em in Miami, big hair, bright nails, zooming down da road, living life to the max.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for commenting! You rock my tiny world. For realz, man.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...