Friday, June 10, 2005

A series of observations - "Things that Blow my Mind"

  1. There is a particular brand of iced coffee that gets more advertising space in Adelaide than Coke does. This is not an exaggeration - for some reason, this town is obsessed with flavoured milk. Admittedly it is very nice flavoured milk, but the size of its obsessive fan base would suggest that it was an orgasmic milk experience. It also comes in very large quantities - 600 ml cartons, which is a lot for one person to drink by themselves. I know because I just drank 600 ml of Iced Coffee, and I need to do milky burps.
  2. The two dollar coins are tiny and heavy. The one dollar coins have different pictures printed on almost every single individual coin.
  3. It is very difficult to do anything without a permanent address.
  4. Backpackers are a very strange breed of people, who will eat anything as long as its cheap. They leave students in the dirt with their propensity for this.
  5. There is apparently one million people who live in Adelaide. Where are they? The only time I have seen evidence of this population are the commuting periods where they scuttle, slater-like, from bus/car to building.* If this town was in NZ it would be one of the larger ones. As it is, it feels smaller and is less exciting than my own Wellitown (400,000).
  6. Recruitment agents are the most insincere of all people. Including salespeople and real estate agents. They ooze oily insincerity as a default mechanism.

*I am aware this is not an original simile. But I only have twelve minutes left online. What are you going to do?

1 comment :

  1. hahahaaaa...I think you're finding out this Sarah, you can walk for TWO hours anywhere in oz and wonder, where's everybody, where's everybody?? I even read it in a book on how to understand Australians. [They're lovely people though].

    Gone to read the rest of your post.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for commenting! You rock my tiny world. For realz, man.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...