Wednesday, June 15, 2005

Things you will grow to love - and hear far too much about, I suspect

  • My new job. Oh, you will love it as much as I do, very shortly. I am working in Post-Mortgage Settlements in a big bank processing plant deep in the soulless suburbs of Adelaide. This week we are being trained by an annoyingly geeky Australian IT man who insists on teaching us how to use Windows and Outlook, showed us his collection of wallpaper that he can no longer use on the computers at the office while his desktop was hooked up to a projector, and was genuinely upset when the company took away his Mr Hankey The Christmas Poo pointer. Honestly. This is not an exaggeration. And don't even get me started on the bogan South Australians that I am working with... one of which was very excited because her Rottweiler and her Staffordshire and English Bull Terrier Cross had mated again.

  • My new flat. Past "the Factory" about twenty minutes outside of the city. We are paying $165 a week for a two bedroom apartment that looks over the Southern Ocean. Nothing between us and Antarctica but the sharks and the adolescent body boarders. Just like Home and Away.

  • Our new flatmate. Aforementioned Canadian Dave. Nice guy.

  • Bullet points. I like bullet points very much at the moment. Mmmm, bullety....

2 comments :

  1. The people at your new job prove my theory...people are the same everywhere!

    Bogan? What does that mean? That truly is a new word to me.

    AND I still envy all who go to
    oz :-) I loooove the view from your apartment.

    Having lived away from home for a while in another country, I think first you'll get homesick, and hate the place, then little by little you will discover many things to love. And if you leave, you just might be sad.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry, this is unrelated. But did I hear Michael Campbell (golfer) say he's from Wellington?! Go New Zealand!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for commenting! You rock my tiny world. For realz, man.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...