Friday, September 02, 2005

Dead Things at the Beach

There was a massive storm the other night. The wind picked up while Andy was driving me back from work. Handfuls of sand, rubbish bins, were blown across the road in front of us. At home we watched our next door neighbours' washing as it was torn, literally, from the washing line and blown up the drive way. It reminded me of home. *sigh* All along the beach the next day were the casualties. A vista of death if you will, baking, reeking in the sun. And with it, schoolchildren, squealing at still heaving squid, limbs of starfish torn asunder, crabs sprawled amongst seaweed and abalone. It was very dramatic.

5 comments :

  1. Want to say two things here, one is that Dead Things On The Beach reads like some Shakespearian slaughter/tragedy, you know, lots of death, destruction, lopped limbs, shrieking, slime; two why does that make you think of home?

    ReplyDelete
  2. The wind makes me think of home. These kind of winds don't happen all the time, but enough for them to be a feature of winter. Here it was the biggest storm in sixty years or something, and the winds only reached 100km an hour. I've seen worse.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It did indeed sound very dramatic. Exciting.

    Please don't stop posting, tell us the drama, the blood, the gore.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sarah darling,

    I love that comment, 'and the winds only reached 100km an hour...I've seen worse.' You little antipodean you!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mate, I do my best : )

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for commenting! You rock my tiny world. For realz, man.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...