Sunday, May 24, 2009

I have been doing things

So so many things.

Mostly, this weekend, I have been fighting the weather and attempting to keep the upper hand. For a long period of time I did nothing at all but try and keep warm and try and recover from this absolutely disgusting cold that I must have picked up while visiting the Boy's family in Tauranga. Post-illness, I'm finding that it's much easier to enjoy winter bits. I am loving wearing heaps of clothes, hats, scarves and huge coats. Every attempt to go out of the house becomes an Adventure and every trip completed is a serious Achievement.

Also, I have been Making Things. I unpicked a fur coat and made it into a bedspread; the coat has been lying around, huge and warm, since I bought it at Karori Salvation Army Opportunity Shop for $10 about a year ago, and there was something kind of reproachful about it. Two birds with one stone: I've dealt with the reproachfulness of the inanimate object, and I am SUPER toasty now in bed.

{Oh noes! Disappeared Picture!}

I also made little towel things to replace using cotton wool. They're great BTW. I noticed as I posted the link that the little pattern recommends top stitching all the way round; I totally and utterly agree that that would be the best way to approach them. The drive belt on my sewing machine has snapped, however, so I'm sewing either by hand or with the overlocker at the moment which has somewhat limited my sewing ability.

I consumed Cold Comfort Farm (Stella Gibbons). I'm in love. If you have not read this, why? Are you mad? Did you have a negative experience in a shed not too long ago? Is it for this that I cowdled thee as a mommet?

Finally, I'm picking up again on going to training for derby; such a struggle because of the distances and the huge weight of my bag, but always rewarding when I overcome my initial laziness. Must. Keep. Motivated. After last weekend's training I hurt something terrible; my hip flexors especially, because they are less "flexors" and more "woodenors" or "stiffors" or "inflexors". I will win though, oh yes, see if I don't. I am The Boss of those muscles.

1 comment :

Thanks so much for commenting! You rock my tiny world. For realz, man.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...