Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Wednesday List: staple products for beautification

As a permanently broke person with rosacea who is constantly showering in the evenings, I've developed a very specific set of needs when it comes to my beautification products. It has to be fast, practical, and enhance the look of "rough and ready grace" that has taken me years of studenthood/lack of money to achieve. May I share with you some lady tips?

rosehipoilTrilogy rosehip oil. It's made by local ladies you know, and is completely natural.  It lasts for ages and is super extra good for helping scarred skin to heal (an issue after the hell rosacea breakouts of my early twenties). I like to use it in the evening before going to bed. I get to wake up a Princess!

"Lanolin-Agg-Tval" Swedish egg white soap. So this is some kind of wonder product, and is soapapparently the beauty secret of Swedish Women. All of them. It's smells like roses, and comes in a rather pretty blue box. The idea is that you can use it as a face pack, lather it up and smear it on your face and leave it for about five minutes. When you wash it off: TADA! Pink and white skin. I also just use it as regular soap and it's so gentle on my skin I just ADORE IT. I've never seen it in a New Zealand store, but I've just ordered a whole bunch of bars of Amazon and I recommend it. Really. 

Sunset styling lotion. After roller skating in the evening, I need to wash my hair. snst-stylotion-actualBecause it smells like a stinky helmet and is greasy from sweat. But then I'm all tired, and I want to go to bed, and I have to fuck around getting the hair dry and I know that the next morning I'm going to wake up with a flat place on one side of my head and a crest on the other. ENTER: Sunset Styling Lotion. It's supposed to know what you want your hair to do and will set it overnight while you sleep. Too good to be true? I thought so (I was given it as part of a Farmers Card promotion) but since I've been using it As Directed, my hair actually looks less like a non-deliberate rats nest in the morning, and more like the tousled devil-may-care style I seek to emulate.

hairresorthair resort. People. This is the ultimate answer to devil-may-care hair. It's  designed to make clean hair look as though it's full of sea salt! (This does make sense, really). I think it has bamboo in it. It's the most expensive hair product I buy but it has awesome power and I can't recommend it strongly enough. Scrunch and go=whoop huzzah etc.
Have anything to share (especially in the realm of rosacea-care)? Please do! xox

4 comments :

  1. Sweedish eggwhite soap? Where did you manage to pick that up?

    I think I'd like to try that Roseship oil! My skin needs some more TLC.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bought the soap randomly when I bought some ill-advised jeans last year - but Amazon is the way to go I think!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've heard that camomile is good for rosacea...a camomile tea bag would be fine.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Does that mean you put a warm teabag on your face? Or wash it camomile tea?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for commenting! You rock my tiny world. For realz, man.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...