Thursday, November 26, 2009

About this sort of time, since 2005

So, I've been keeping this blog since 2005! Can you believe that? Maybe I should have a five year anniversary party for myself next year. It should have a theme. Do you have any ideas for the theme? Please suggest me some, maybe in the comments. Themes are AWESOME. This is what I posted here about this time (give or take a few days) every year since 2005:

I was in Adelaide, with only a few days until I left for the West Coast road trip (which was fab). I had a great meal. I spoke about a song I'd made up while having a bad trip and driving through the Adelaide hills.

I was in Wellington, I was working at Fuel and making coffee. Caffeine and sunshine had made me relentlessly cheerful.

I was leaving for the weekend with Victoria (now in Europe somewhere), Ange (now shacked up deep in the heart of Newlands) and Bex (who is just as gorgeous as ever). Those were fun times. I'd like to do it again.

A list with the craftiness! And the ranting! And a picture from a French New Wave movie!

Wow. I was in Australia such a long time ago now, and my "few months of getting myself together" has turned into "a few years of settling down". It's a bit scary.

EDIT: Bex can't post comments when she's at work, but she emailed me and it MUST be shared...

I think that your celebratory blog anniversary should have a SCP-theme, so that all guests must dress up as a direct reference to one particular post. Possibilities could include a kangaroo, Anais Nin, a derby girl, a moustache (or a moustachioed individual, Dirty Sanchez or similar), Dr. Robert Ersek, your mother, Agatha Christie, Guyana Girl, Edith Piaf, a cupcake, a peggy square and a grieving mime.

2 comments :

  1. I'd like to come to your party as a kangaroo!

    I've been blogging since 2005 too. We had a flood.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll send you an invite!

    And - I remember the flood!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for commenting! You rock my tiny world. For realz, man.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...