Thursday, December 31, 2009

End of the Christmas break for me.

I’m back at work and am existing in a liminal zone between twiddling my thumbs, procrastinating and doing incredibly irritating nitpicky work. Quelle surprise - tres boring. My first day at work was an epic adventure in comedic misadventures AND REALLY FUCKING ANNOYING. Items:
  • Tried toasting left over panettone in the toaster for breakfast, whereupon the panettone promptly jammed and filled the kitchen with smoke and I spent ten minutes digging burnt bits of it out of the toaster with a knife.
  • Buses were replacing trains and thus public transport was running late. Also, knitting on the bus made me feel motion sick removing the only enjoyable thing from my trip to work. Also, I forgot my iPod, so no happy audio books for me.
  • Upon arriving at Petone station for a transfer, my carton of soy milk exploded in my bag and soaked me and everything I own with soy milk. Everything I owned then smelt of rancid soy milk and I smelled like rancid soy milk for the whole day. Joy.
  • Upon arriving at work, I discovered that I had left my swipe card on my dresser. The main entrance gate was locked, and I was forced to crawl under it on the wet ground.
  • When I tried to have a cup of Bad-Workplace, Any-Port-in-a-Storm coffee I discovered that the soy milk I'd been able to recover from the Terrible Soy Milk Accident was soured and gross.
  • NOELLE MCCARTHY ON THE RADIO. so.annoying. In fact, the National Radio summer programme is pretty ghastly all round, and especially in the morning - I can be somewhat indulgent of the awfulness of Matinee Idle (the awfulness being the point of it), but Summer Noelle is a killer. I repeat: so.annoying.

AND (piece de resistance):

  • During the week I was away, my boss created extra work in an already complicated job by telling me to do something different, causing a series of annoying problems that I now need to sort out so that I can go back to doing what I was doing in the first place.

On the plus side, things have been much better since and have included the discovery that Supermarket brioche is almost like real brioche if you heat it for 20 seconds in the microwave. In fact, it's almost good. Also, tonight is New Years Eve! And I have absolutely NO PLANS AT ALL except hanging with the Boy and this is filling me with inestimable joy. I want to knit and watch old movies and eat and drink and then we can kiss at midnight and go to bed.

1 comment :

Thanks so much for commenting! You rock my tiny world. For realz, man.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...