Thursday, January 14, 2010

A hunk of burning *Arohanui!*


Did you imagine jazz hands around the *arohanui*? That’s what I was trying to convey with the exclamation marks and the asterisks. Today I am very tired because I did that thing where I stay awake really late for no apparent reason but I’ve decided to distract myself from that (and from work!) by writing a list of Things I Love. Oh, and check it! Today is actually Thursday.

• My new KeepCup has arrived! It’s rather pretty – charcoal and pink and it is absolutely the most perfect size for my soy flat white in the morning and I’m not using takeaway cups anymore! I’ve had a big Thermos cup for the last few years but it’s so insanely huge that it’s hard to work out how far up to fill it with espresso, and so I gave up on using it (so bad). But my KeepCup handily fits in my bag and is exactly the right size. Also, I’d like to make a knit or a crochet sleeve for it to make it even MORE pretty. I have some sparkly aqua yarn that is very fluffy and 80s. An option?

• I’ve decided to purge my belongings in an effort to have less stuff to carry around – and I already love the way things are shaping up! I know I mentioned this yesterday, but it wasn’t until last night that I successfully rearranged my shelves (by colour) and noticed that now my two bookshelves are nowhere near full. Cleaning out clothes is less inspiring, more emotional and far more difficult. But I’m doing it, dammit! And I know from experience that it feels good too, once it’s gone and I can’t feel the weight of my belongings hanging like a mill stone around my neck *dramatic pose*. I LOVE PURGING MY STUFF.

• My food fad of the moment is macaroni cheese, and The Pioneer Woman has made my skirt fly up with the recipe for Gourmet Macaroni Cheese that she posted before Christmas. It has four (four!) different kinds of cheese in it. It’s a good thing that big butts are healthy (it’s true - I read it in the newspaper).

• Lately, Tumblr has been a huge source of inspiration for me in terms of images and looking. That is, I can live without the song lyrics and angsty prose and poetry but I love love love looking at the pretty images. It was Tumblr that spurred my need to arrange my bookshelves by colour. It was Tumblr that inspired my desire to overhaul my wardrobe so that I only dress as though I were a character in I Capture the Castle. Apparently, Tumblr has a lot to answer for.

honourable mentions: Rupert Everett travel history documentaries; knitting socks; reciprocal cooking arrangements; waking up with the Boy; a changed template for my blog; toasted sandwiches; wearing make-up to work (I feel much more grown up and professional); making resolutions; choosing audio books via Audible using recommendations from Goodreads; finding a flatmate; and anticipation!: Spinsters’ Knitting Club this weekend and Camp A Low Hum the weekend after that.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for commenting! You rock my tiny world. For realz, man.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...