Monday, January 17, 2011

Monday List of Awesome

lorinix 
Love me a diorama.

A second Monday list! I've had so much fun compiling this over the week - reading things and picking them up and placing them in safe bloggy places. Quelle geek, non?

Bangable Dudes in History is a pretty entertaining blog where the relative hotness of historical guys is quanitified in an easy to understand pie graph. Graphs/bangable dudes/history. An unbeatable combo!

♥ Clarion Julie posted George Orwell's 1946 article "A Nice Cup of Tea".

♥ It's quite possible that I've already ranted about the awesomeness of the Boomcase - now I'm super extra excited about them because the Boy is crafting me my very own suitcase-with-a-speaker. Having a handy boyfriend is pretty darned awesome.

All the awesome roman sandals in one place! I want a red slip on pair with eyelet details. A kiwi classic, and STILL a goodie.

♥ Check out Lunch It Punch It for packed lunch inspiration! You can also put yourself on a reward system with a punch card - ten packed lunches before you can by yourself one. I'm keen as a bean to do this but... I keep forgetting to bring any bread from home. Lunch fail.

♥ On the day I was born, Jane Fonda's Work Out book was the number one non-fiction bestseller according to the New York Times. WHAT DOES THIS SAY ABOUT ME AND MY LIFE?

♥ I love Daily Pep Talk from a best friend. I liked this one the best this week.

♥ The Hairpin makes my skirt fly up, especially this series on "Books that Beat their Iconic Sibling-Books". I now have Charlotte Bronte's Villette and Charles Dickens' Dombey and Sons on my to-read list. Also, Hairpin = lulz.

doodad_28621_sm


Yes, I'm the last person in the world to post this. But it is lovely (as is the original)

♥ Kylie at A Few Somthin Somthins posted some pictures of a great little sewing kit in a Mason jar that she made for her mother-in-law - I love the little pin cushion on top! And I love Mason jars. I think I'm going to make one for myself.

♥ Ages and forever ago I found this little guide on the Government of Japan's Ministry of the Environment webpage that shows you how to wrap various items in fabric using Furoshiki - hemmed and stitched gift wrap fabric. I used this guide to wrap some presents with fabric at Christmas this year and I'm sold! It's super fab.

♥ Another oldie - The History Blog posts about an awesome virtual tour of the roof of the Sistine Chapel. Your Flash plug-ins will need to be up-to-date.

♥ OMG, this Star Magazine sounds freaking hilarious.

1.12.11
Breakfast in a Mason Jar is a Happy Place for me. Colour me inspired (via Simply Breakfast).

And now my lovelies I am officially exhausted! Have fun xx
sigfinal

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for commenting! You rock my tiny world. For realz, man.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...