Friday, May 28, 2010

Today is Friday

7553-128d8588700-128d8be525e.0

thanks Metservice. thanks a real bunch.

Looking like: I'm hiding from the cold. Curse you Southerly Blast! I stamp my foot impetuously in your general direction!

Listening to: This 90's Chick Rock compilation made by the ever fabulous Agent Lover. OMG I love it so. Also, if you are ever roasting vegetables, this is the perfect soundtrack *nods sagely*.

Fad a la Mode: The open fire at the office. J'adore warm feet and sitting next to flames on a fabulously comfortable sofa.

Watched this Week: Nine, based on the book of the 1982 musical of the same name, which in turn was based on the film 81/2, which is a semi-autobiographical film by Fellini. It was ok. I didn't understand the necessity of the character played by Fergie, and it bugged me that she was in it. But Daniel Day Lewis and Marion Cotillard were both super fab, and the camera work and editing were admirable also. If I was going to recommend a relatively recent Hollywood musical with a super uber famous cast of thousands, I would recommend Chicago over this.

Reading: Jitterbug Perfume by Tom Robbins. This was Nicola's choice at Book Club, I don't think I would have ever even picked this up let alone read it otherwise, and I am super enjoying it. The man is a wit! Funny and clever.

Webreading: Hyperbole and a Half, and if you haven't been reading this: Darling. Where Have You Been? Sneaky Hate Spiral is a lifestyle for me, especially during the pre-bleed time.

Anticipation: The Boy is back next Friday, and we are leaving the same day for Tauranga and Sid's 80th Birthday. Love me a holiday.

sigfinal

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...