Monday, June 21, 2010

Jelly Wrestling and the fine art of leaving when appropriate

 
Saturday night I went to the Marist premiere women's soccer league fundraising event with a bunch of girls from my new derby team Smash Malice. I drank too much because soccer club bar prices are crazy cheap and screamed like a banshee for the girls who were wrestling. It was surprisingly tasteful (as in, no nip slips) and one of the most hilarious events I've ever been to. Well done those Marist premiere soccer girls for a fantastic night!

Of course, a bunch of drunken derby girls and a pool of jelly is an accident waiting to happen. Two of the girls from my team (a coach and a captain) ended up in the pool, put up the best display of the night and I have to say it was absolutely the highlight of my evening. I died laughing. Unfortunately, after one of the soccer girls asked them to exit the pool there was a distinct chill in the atmosphere and there was a unanimous decision to leave. Burgers ensued. I was home and sitting on my bed by 11pm, where I iced my knee and passed out on my unmade bed. Einfach fabelhaft darlinks. Classy bird.
sigfinal
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...