Thursday, April 21, 2005

Autumnal

There is something really lovely about the word "Autumnal". Let's say it together. "AUTUMNAL" My house is cold and damp and dark. Te Valley is no good in the Winter time. But this matters not because.... in about six weeks time I will be in South Australia. Did you know... (Fun Facts: Adelaide) ~ The Cold Weather in South Australia only lasts until October (did you like the way I capitalised "The Cold Weather"? Noice.) ~ Temperatures in summer reach the early 40s. Bitching! I've never been hot during the summer in the Welli-hood. ~ Adelaide is quite flat. I could cycle everywhere: faster than walking, and possibly more outdoorsy. Perhaps I could cycle to the vineyards, that are just outside of the city (the Barossa Valley). Here I would enjoy the sunshine and drink glasses of beautiful shiraz. ~ Yum. Shiraz. ~ A nice Merlot would also be good. ~ I know its only 2.30 in the afternoon, but a glass of wine would be nice right now. ~ Or perhaps a single malt whiskey. ~ Apparently there are also sharks in Adelaide. Obviously not in the actual city, but up the coast a bit. Scary! Nature is coming to haunt me. AND There is a martian woman on tv who sings with no mouth.

2 comments :

  1. I know it won't be original, but I like your blog! And you writte nicely! Hope you'll keep us posted about your Australian adventure! (I say "us" because I suppose I'm not the only one in this planet!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oz? oooh I envy you. I love oz.

    As for New Zealand. I read a few romance books written in New Zealand when I was a teen...and thought it was absolutely THE place I should go. Didn't they make that movie, The Piano, in New Zealand?

    You're a free lance writer? You go, girl!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for commenting! You rock my tiny world. For realz, man.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...