Wednesday, April 20, 2005

Long analogies inexplicably involving Michelangelo

Andy is watching the TV. My jobs are driving me completely nuts, the knowledge that I only have six weeks worth of mind-numbing meaningless and unrewarding labour has made me feel the meaninglessness of afore mentioned jobs even more keenly. God help me. Women with no self-confidence in their body image (and their projection of self-esteem issues on to me). Store politics. Another motherfucking trim decaf bowl latte. I seem to have run out of anger that I can direct toward social issues. Over exposure to current affairs? I listen to National Radio every morning, and I'm mostly interested in the relationship between the interviewers and their subject. Clearly, I do hear things that make me feel something, but during the whole John Tamihere "expose" I felt less anger and more exasperation... I can't believe that jerks like this are in power. I can't believe the Labour Party is so forgiving. Mostly I just feel irritated with the media's level of sensationalism. Everything that happens is about the way that the taxpayer's money is spent. I find listening to conservative politicians kind of irritating too. Maybe I do care a little bit more about things than I let on.

2 comments :

  1. Yep yep yep, I know EXACTLY what you mean about the media!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I couldn't agree more about media sensationalism, I'm sick of it as well.

    I like this blog, I enjoy your writing.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for commenting! You rock my tiny world. For realz, man.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...