Sunday, April 24, 2005

Liza Minnelli Hair




Somewhere between the haircut to which I am aspiring and the haircut that I had most recently
is the realm that I like to call, Liza Minnelli Hair. For indeed I look like the cabaret singer, or my mother during the early 1990s (who's hair looked like Liza Minnelli's at that time).

I came to this realisation at work on Friday, and my obsessing over it lead to a discussion of the relative merits of Judy Garland and Liza Minnelli
. The biggest problem with this is the fact I've never set out to achieve this particular look... if it was intentional the matter would be entirely different (I would be embracing the cabaret diva within - in all cases a most commendable caress). In an effort to make me feel a little better about the state of my hair Tracey assured me that in her prime Liza was indeed a hottie, but concluded with "Now, obviously, she's a heinous old bitch." This was mostly my concern... hair like the Later Minnelli (shudder).

Interestingly, heinous old bitches seemed to be the theme for the weekend. Mutton, anyone?

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for commenting! You rock my tiny world. For realz, man.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...