Friday, April 29, 2005

Stuff and stuff and stuff

Yesterday and the day before were the days of drama... I found out that one of the girls I worked with at the cafe was graduating on the 18th of May. I had a moment of sickening discovery as I realised I was probably supposed to graduate that day and had not yet even received any confirmation of my honours results let alone a graduation pack. Went into a tailspin, and have spent the last few days fighting the bureaucracy and now I have WON! I found out that one of my lecturers fought the good fight and went to the Department of Humanities and Social Sciences and argued my case (which is basically: I slipped through the cracks, because my final paper was in Pacific Studies and not in Art History). I spent twenty minutes this morning running around the university and now I am due to graduate at 6.30pm on the 18th of May, in a nifty Rose Pink hood, "trencher" and "gown". I hope that its trimmed in mock-ermine. My grandad will be excited. And, I decided to count up all the days until I leave for Adelaide. So I have 37 (thirty-seven) days to go before I leave, of which only 23 (twenty-three) are working days. It is difficult for me to fully describe just how bitching and phat this really is. It's rad-ly awesome. It's a knee-slapping good thing. It is "wicked as". Escape is nigh! More Stuff

2 comments :

  1. Congrats on winning your fight vs the bureaucracy AND graduation!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Graduation Day! Freedommmm!

    Can't wait to read about your adventures in oz!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for commenting! You rock my tiny world. For realz, man.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...