Friday, September 16, 2005

I am bored

Oh how bored am I. I've been given the day off because my boss is worried about my health, I shit you not. Andy is working a split shift today... I've already gone out and had my breakfast. I've gone for a twenty minute walk in a freezing gale. I've researched term deposits. I've bought skincare products online. I've read news bulletins from home. I've emailed my mother. I've even finished my book... Gabriel Garcia Marquez. How literary am I today. Apparently the elections in New Zealand are going scarily pear shaped... the racist underbelly of middle New Zealand is rearing its ugly head again, as it invariably does around election time (why else would Winston Peters ever have had the balance of power?). I didn't enrol to vote, and now I have no say in the elections which are taking place on Saturday... which by my own rules means that I have no right to gripe about the government. Perhaps I could be one of those lame asses that rephrase their laziness to exercise their voting rights in terms of a political protest. Here I am politically protesting! Grrr! Hate all the parties! (VOTE GREEN). This is brain rotting stuff. I'm going home now.

4 comments :

  1. I like that boss of yours, sending you home because he / she is worried about your health. Though it was a sick day off, it sounded not too bad.

    I do hope you're doing well. Apart from grrring about elections.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Huuummmm... if only I could con you into trading bosses.

    ReplyDelete
  3. He is seriously the best boss I think I've ever had. He's a hard out, but he's a good man. Steve-o.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Uh-oh. You've picked up their way of speaking too. Steve-o.

    When you say 'garbo' for garbage man, you know you're gone haha...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for commenting! You rock my tiny world. For realz, man.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...