Tuesday, September 20, 2005

Split Shift

I'm on a break between shifts. We've had a ludicrously busy day. I'm telling you, its been beyond a fucking joke. What do these people want from me, blood? Who do they think they are? Who do they think I am? I'm only one person... I cannot stem the tide of relentless harrying for food and coffee... I stand between the customers and their quarry of caffeine and fat and they care not if I fall to the wayside in their vanguard assault. "It's getting to me" she said, stating the patently obvious. I keep forgetting the names of everyday waiting items like 'Napkin' and 'Salt and Pepper' and 'Cutlery'. I've got tomorrow off. I need to get out of the Cocacabana and do something. I need to investigate Adelaide at large! I need to leave SA and move on to bigger and brighter things. Like WA.

2 comments :

  1. Ohhh, you have been bitten by the travel bug :-D When it bites, it bites bad.

    P.S. Do you get to drink the coffee?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry but WA isn't worth it. It's dustier and quieter than SA.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for commenting! You rock my tiny world. For realz, man.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...