Friday, November 13, 2009

Tyre says BLAM! and not in a good way

So, this morning I had a puncture on the way to work. This is my first puncture ever and it makes me very sad that my poor velo is out of action. I was riding along, my head was in a happy place, I was loving the sunshine and thinking about eating well tonight...
And suddenly I was finding that riding was rather noisy, and the bicycle was very hard to pedal. I climbed off the bicycle and looked at the back wheel because I thought it sounded as though there was something trapped in the spokes. Nothing trapped in the spokes. I climbed back on the velo and rode a little further along the road and then I had a light bulb moment and realised that I must have a puncture. And not just a puncture! Further examination indicated that the back tyre was, in fact, COMPLETELY FLAT and the inner tube must have popped spectacularly to have deflated so quickly. A flat tyre is a very very sad thing my lovelies. The saddest. I pushed the bicycle the rest of the way to work and it made sad squeaky noises all the way.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for commenting! You rock my tiny world. For realz, man.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...