Thursday, October 07, 2010

Arohanui: in which Ginger gets down with her loving self

It's Thursday! My, this week has moved rapidly. As I write I am sucking rose-flavoured French sweets (yum, aniseedy centre), and listening to Hindesmith: Kammermusik. I am feeling not-ragey! And well rested! It's incredible.

So, in no particular order, here are somethings that I'm loving on.

via the whinery
♥ Anise de Flavigny rose bon bons. See how pretty the tin is? I just found out that this kind of sweet has been made in Flavigny since the 700s. COR BLIMEY.

♥ Going to the library and finding new music. I've spent something like three weeks becoming increasingly frustrated with my music, and I've finally done something about it. So much listening ahead of me this weekend.

♥ Crusty French bread with butter and ham and a good cup of coffee.

♥ New morning routine, reading before work and drinking lemony hot water before my first cup of coffee.

♥ One glass of wine! The power of "only one" is intoxicating. But not as intoxicating as the many glasses of wine. Which is good - because the lack of intoxication is pretty much what I'm going for.

♥ Being loved.

♥ Sending thank you emails to people I don't know and getting wonderfully friendly replies.

♥ My herb garden, and the little bits of new growth that even now are beginning to come through.

Bag! So capacious! So wonderful!

♥ Stretching out in bed when the Boy is away for work.

♥ This quote, from anthropologist Marshall Sahlins:
❝One can be affluent either by having a great deal, or by not wanting very much.❞
♥ Sunshine for SO MANY DAYS IN A ROW.

♥ Sunday night barbecues.

♥ Paying $1700 off my credit card, and otherwise being on top of my finances (so.stoked.)

♥ Citrus fruit and cake in my bag for lunch.

♥ Being rested.

Many kisses for you my lovelies! Hope that you are all going well x

2 comments :

  1. Awww this was just lovely. Like to see a warm-fuzzy-ginger. xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would buy those bon bons, just for the tin :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for commenting! You rock my tiny world. For realz, man.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...