Thursday, October 28, 2010

Something that happened in the weekend

Hello lovelies, I hope that you had a good Labour weekend! Or if you're not in New Zealand or had to work on Monday, I hope that your regular Monday was good and that you had a good regular weekend. I went over to the Wairarapa on Monday and had a wonderful picnic of smoked salmon and homemade bagels at the Pinnacles (about ten minutes drive before Ngawi). Then Shannon, Jo, Mark and I walked up the riverbed to look at the rock formations themselves.

It took me about fifteen minutes to get sick of the rocks and the shingle scree, turn around and walk back to the car to drink cider and read my Agatha Christie autobiography alone in the sun. Now that's what I call a holiday! For reals though, I suddenly got all hating on people for talking and being jolly, and I needed to be alone PRONTO. The Social didn't work so well just then.

Can I just say that I used to be quite the Social Young Miss. Sometime over the last couple of years this has shifted, leading me to my almost hermit-like existence of the last few months. Don't get me wrong - I am super happy to be squirrelled away sewing French knickers, knitting socks, baking bread and watching episodes of Time Team. But it's rather a strange thing to reflect upon in hindsight. I feel like I should say that I need to get out more - but mostly I think I should finish that second sock. And get my driver's license so I can go solo on a road trip. Heaven.


I booked a week off work in November and I am HANGING OUT to sit around at home and be a Lady of Leisure. It shall be so nice! I hope that there is sunshine and that I can sit around all day and write and read in the aforementioned, hypothesised and much desired, sunshine. Fuck yeah sunshine. And being a lady of leisure.

Aaaaand that's all I have today my lovelies. Except, may I note how nice it is to have a bunch of new season's carrots on my desk, for munching? I read this article in the Stone Soup and decided to try and eat more vegies. I'm pretty shit at it.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for commenting! You rock my tiny world. For realz, man.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...