Thursday, November 11, 2010

Tips and Things to Do: Thursday in Spring

Today I'm going to tell you what to do. If you know what's good for you, you'll follow my advice. Damn straight.

via Twee Core
Go to bed early. You need more sleep, trust me.

Drink more herbal tea. Peppermint tea is good for the digestion, so you could maybe try that. Also, I hear good things about drinking lots of green tea. But I'm never sure what anti-oxidants do and why I need to de-oxidise myself so I suggest you just roll with whatever you like the taste of. The point being, all that warm water is good for your feelings of well being.

Make your bed. It looks nicer and it will give you a unique feeling of smugness -- the smugness of the well organised.

Have a buy nothing day during the next week. You know it's the right thing to do.

Read. Read in the sun for an hour, or failing that, read in a nice warm place. Fuck everything else. Read a good book, because a crap book will make you feel dirty inside. Some reading possibilities: Jitterbug Perfume, Pride and Prejudice, Lolita.

Wear something posh on casual Friday. One posh thing is ok. I feel as though tulle is in order - I wonder if I have anything tulle based left in my wardrobe? Or maybe just red lipstick is in Ordnung.

Roller skate or go for a walk at lunch time. It'll break up the day and give you heaps more enthusiasm for the afternoon. Truesies.

Practice mindfulness. When you're walking up the hill, concentrate on feeling your butt muscles. When you eat or drink, think about the food nourishing you. Think about breathing. It's fun and it makes you feel real, and a bit amazed at what an incredible thing the human body is. I'M SORRY THAT I TOOK YOU FOR GRANTED HUMAN BODY.

Will you disobey me? How about you, Crazy Heavy Eyeliner Woman?


4 comments :

  1. the crazy heavy eyeliner lady is anna karina in case you didn't know already. i know i need to go to bed earlier. i tell myself that in the morning after getting 6 hours sleep but i never follow through.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so in love with this post, and everything you've written on it. Thankyou for sharing - as always, it came at just the right time :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amelia, I'm super glad to know. I had no idea (although I'd love to lie and say that I did). I think I'm still going to refer to her as Crazy Heavy Eyeliner Woman though, for brevity's sake.

    Rebecca: I'm so glad to have helped out! Now, get outside and go for a walk or something x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I will try to obey, especially the mindfulness.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for commenting! You rock my tiny world. For realz, man.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...