Wednesday, February 03, 2010

Wednesday List: Ten things updated

Last year I wrote this list, and I've been squirreling away at it throughout January. This is my first progress report for the year, so please be proud of me!

1. Pay back credit card debt.
This is absolutely the hardest thing on this list, but I’m making an effort, I really am. I’ve removed the credit card from my Paypal account so that’s removed the temptation to buy heaps of stuff online that I don’t need (like – heaps and heaps and heaps of yarn. Eek). Also, I ordered one of those Visa debit cards from Kiwibank and I’m hoping that will help out. FINALLY: I am about to cut my credit card in two. On the count of three –
One
Two
Three.

Credit card is cut in two. I’ll load up a photo here later.

2. Learn to hula hoop.
Still waiting for the classes to come up – I’ve signed up to the Wellington Circus School newsletter but I’m yet to see any dates for the classes. I may make some phone calls to see when the next class is, or maybe if I’m misreading/misunderstanding what is going on with the classes? I have the hoop at home tho - In the meantime, I could be hooping it up at home.

3. Learn to spin.
I can spin on a drop spindle! It’s fun – I haven’t knit anything with the yarn that I span but you can see it here. I think I can officially count that as a COMPLETE.

4. Make a decision about returning to study and prepare myself to start in 2011.

5. Learn how to wear contact lenses.

6. Go to Camp a Low Hum and have a really super fab time.
YES YES YES YES YES I am SOOOO completed with this one. It was awesome – have I mentioned that? Because it was. It was the most awesome good time fun ever. As soon as I get photos and text sorted I will post up my CALH run down. This is going on my list again for next year, by the way.

7. Go to Blood and Thunder Camp and learn heaps and use my awesome and newly found skating skills to score twenty points for my team in the next bout.
It doesn’t seem as though this is likely to happen – the Camp part, that is. I am massively impoverished. And sad about it.

8. Make a budget and stick to it.
Oh wow, I put this on the list? Wow.

o_O

I’m off to sorted.co.nz to do the budget. The sticking to it will be an ongoing project. The fact I haven't sorted this out yet is probably the reason I'm massively impoverished.

9. Get the tattoo I’ve been talking about getting for five years.

10. Unclutter my life and maintain a clutterless environment.
I had made such leaps and bounds before I left for camp and things at home have fallen apart since then. My work space is a lot less cluttered and I’m keeping a list of things to do beside me at all times – which means that working has been less clutterful. However, I have a massive pile of books and clothes in the hallway that are waiting to be taken away and that’s far more cluttery than keeping them on the shelves. But, it’s an ongoing project. I shall refocus.

2 comments :

  1. 11. Tea and cupcakes with Andrew ... hes a good chap. ;D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dude, it's on. I'll text you and we'll make a date?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for commenting! You rock my tiny world. For realz, man.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...